Pores are not your enemy; they help produce sebum and keep your skin moisturized. But sometimes, large open pores can lead to an excessively oily skin and clogged pores that then give rise to a host of skin problems like acne, blackheads, breakouts, etc. Pore primers are great for filling in large pores and blurring skin imperfections. Pore minimizing primers, like the name suggests, minimize the appearance of visible pores and smoothen irregular skin texture so your face makeup can glide on like a dream. For example, the Maybelline Fit Me Primer, available for different skin types, diminishes the look of pores and smoothens the skin while making your makeup last all day.
Here is how to correctly apply a pore filling primer so you can get a flawless base makeup that looks airbrushed!
1. Regardless of your skin type or the type of pore primer you use, you have to apply it after your skincare and before your makeup. So, prep you skin with your regular serums and moisturizers and wait for a couple of minutes for the products to be completely absorbed into the skin before going in with your pore minimizing primer.
2. While some people apply pore filling primers with brushes or makeup sponges, we recommend applying the primer with your fingertips to get an even application and avoid wasting the product.
3. To start, squeeze out a small pea sized amount of the primer for open pores and dot it all over your face, focusing on the parts that have large visible pores. For most people, this tends to be the nose and the area around it, so start by adding the primer for large pores to these spots first.
4. Instead of rubbing or massaging the pore minimizing primer into your skin like you would with a moisturizer, gently push it into the skin using small patting motions. This will ensure that the pore filling primer actually fills the open pores instead of just creating a light layer over them.
5. Start by applying a thin layer of the pore primer and add more if needed.
6. Do not jump straight into foundation and concealer after applying a zero pore makeup primer. Give the pore primer a few minutes to sink into the skin before adding makeup on top.
7. On days when you do not want to add foundation to your skin but still need some coverage, use a concealer that matches your skin tone and undertone exactly and use it to spot conceal blemishes and spots after you have applied the pore filling primer. You can also mix the pore minimizing primer and concealer together to make blending easier. To find the perfect shade match, use the Foundation Finder tool by Maybelline and get results in just 2 simple steps and then test the concealer shade with the Maybelline Virtual Try On tool.
Look for pore filling primers that coat your skin in a light layer without making your face feel heavy, sticky, or greasy. The Maybelline FaceStudio Master Primer Makeup is one such weightless primer for open pores that refines your skin and makes your makeup last all day.
Formulated with water-soluble base and active ingredients, this pore minimizing primer preps the skin for makeup application and visually blurs away skin concerns like large open pores. This pore primer can also be worn without foundation and concealer to add a luminous effect to the skin, making it one of best primer for pores for your no-makeup makeup days.
You might have the best primer for oily skin and large pores, but if you do not apply the product in the right way, you will not be able to reap all its benefits. Taking just a few minutes to correctly apply a pore primer before your face makeup helps prep the skin and improves the wear and look of your makeup products.
Now that you know how to prep your skin with a pore minimizing primer for an even base, here is how you can use other primer makeup types to get a long lasting lip makeup and a vibrant eye makeup look!
10 Lipsticks below Rs 500 Kerala woman, Reasonable Lipsticks
Professional makeup artists suggested lipsticks for Kerala climate.
NYX Professional Makeup simply vamp Lip cream (Price INR 500)
SUGAR smudge me not liquid lipstick (INR 499)
Wet n Wild MegaLast Liquid Catsuit Matte Lipstick (Price: INR 499)
Lakme 9 to 5 Primer Matte Lip Color (Price INR 499)
Lakme 9 to 5 Primer Matte Lip Color (Price INR 499)
Jaquline USA Lipstick (Price INR 450)
Maybelline New York Matte Lipstick (Price INR 220)
Essence Long lasting Lipstick (Price INR 250)
Iba Halal Care Pure Lips Moisturizing Lipstick (Price INR 185)
Dazller Eyetex Lipstick (INR Price 100)
Aamir Khan’s daughter Ira Khan is engaged! Nupur Shikhare goes down on one knee to propose her
Aamir Khan’s daughter Ira Khan recently got proposed by long time boyfriend Nupur Shikhare and the couple has shared the proposal video on Instagram.
Did Ira say ‘Yes’? Watch the video to find out:As soon as the video was posted, several fans commented on it congratulating Ira and Nupur.
Even celebs like Fatima Sana Shaikh, Sara Tendulkar, Rhea Chakraborty & Huma Qureshi took to the comments section to share their heartfelt reactions on the happy couple’s video. Ira Khan and Nupur Shikhare have been dating each other for several years and often post pictures together on social media. For more news and updates, stay tuned to ETimes.
FIR filed against Ranveer Singh for nude photoshoot after lawyer complains he ‘insulted modesty of women’
An FIR was filed against actor Ranveer Singh for posting nude picture of himself on Instagram from a recent magazine photoshoot
Chembur police have registered a case against actor Ranveer Singh for posting nude pictures on his Instagram account. Ranveer has been booked under section 292 (dealing with obscene materials falls within this exception thereby addressing the issue of public decency and morality), 293 (obscene objects to young person) and 509 (Word, gesture or act intended to insult the modesty of a woman) including 67 (A) of the Information Technology act.
The written application was submitted at the Chembur police station by a Mumbai based lawyer Vedika Chaubey. Chaubey alleged in her complaint that actor has hurt the sentiments of women in the general and insulted their modesty through his photographs.
Ranveer Singh, a recipient of several awards, is known for his roles in films like Bajirao Mastani, Padmaavat and Gully Boy. Ranveer posed for international magazine Paper this month. The photoshoot, that showed him posing naked in a few pictures was met with some shock and some applause by his fans and celebrity friends.
Later, the NGO and a woman lawyer submitted separate complaints against the actor at Chembur police station. The application filed by the lawyer, a former journalist, had also demanded a case against Singh on the charge of intent to outrage the modesty of women, police earlier said.
In an interview to Paper Mag, Ranveer said, “I work f****** hard. I want to wear nice shit. Eat my f****** a**, I will wear nice f****** shit. I bust my balls, I work 20-hour days. I’m not complaining — I’m only too happy and too grateful — but I go f****** hard. I will f****** buy Gucci, I will wear it from head to toe. Anybody who judges me can eat my f****** a**.”
Ranveer was recently seen in Netflix’s interactive special Ranveer vs Wild with Bear Grylls which received a positive response from viewers. As far as films are concerned, he will next be seen in Rohit Shetty’s next directorial film Cirkus with Jacqueline Fernandes and Pooja Hegde. The film is slated to release on the occasion of Christmas 2022.