Need long and voluminous lashes that look like falsies, just swipe on some mascara, and call it a day, right? Wrong! How you apply your mascara is just as important, if not more, as the product you use. Here are 13 mascara tips and tricks that will help you achieve gorgeous, fluttery lashes that will make heads turn wherever you go.
1. You probably already know this but pumping your mascara wand in and out of the tube pushes extra air into the tube, causing your mascara to dry out quicker than usual. Gently twist the wand inside the tube to pick up the products and pull it out in one clean motion instead.
2. Revive your old, dried up mascara by adding a few drops of your lens solution in the tube to thin out the product. But remember, mascaras have a short shelf life of about 3 months once opened, so do not use this mascara trick to bring back your mascara to life once it is past its expiration date.
3. Another mascara hack for warming up your dried up mascara is to dunk the mascara tube (make sure it is tightly closed!) in a glass of hot water before you use it. The heat from the water will melt the mascara, making it more fluid and easier for you to use.
4. If you curl your lashes after applying mascara to get a stronger and long-lasting curl, stop it immediately! This can not only mess up your eye makeup but can also break your lashes! Always curl your lashes before going in with your favourite mascara.
5. A simple mascara application tip to avoid clumping is to wiggle the mascara wand in a zigzag motion from root to tip to coat your lashes.
6. Have dense eyelashes that are short and do not hold their curl? Or do you need to add some volume to your long lashes? A well-known mascara hack is to layer two or three different mascaras till you get your desired look. For example, apply one coat of a lengthening mascara like the Maybelline Lash Sensational Waterproof Mascara and then give your lashes a dramatic curl by layering the Maybelline Volum’ Express Hyper Curl Waterproof Curling Mascara on top. Experiment with these 2 mascaras, and other mascaras by Maybelline on the Maybelline Virtual Try On tool. The Virtual Try On tool helps you give yourself a virtual makeover so you can see yourself in Maybelline with zero commitment!
7. When was the last time you cleaned your face makeup and lip makeup brushes? And now think about the last time you cleaned your mascara wand! The bristles of a mascara wand collect a lot of product after every use which not only results in a messy and clumpy application but can also harbour bacteria which may lead to eye infections. Clean your mascara wand at least once a week to remove any product build up. You can also wipe your mascara wand with a makeup removing wipe after every use if you want to be really clean and hygienic! Cover your mascara tube with tape and wait for the mascara wand to be completely dry before putting it back in the tube.
8. Another popular tip for applying mascara is to go in with a clean spoolie brush after applying the mascara to separate your lashes and avoid clumping.
9. If you want to take your mascara game to the next level, a simple mascara tip is to coat your eyelashes with a lash primer before going in with mascara. Using a lash primer amps up your mascara’s intensity and also makes the mascara last longer.
10. Here is a mascara application tip that you have probably not heard of before – hold the mascara brush vertically and apply the product to your lashes with the wand’s tip to get longer, more natural looking lashes.
11. Found a mascara brush you really like? Thoroughly clean the mascara wand with a makeup remover and use it as a disposable mascara wand with the other mascaras in your makeup collection. Mix and match different formulas with different brushes to find a combination that gives you your desired mascara look.
12. A popular mascara hack that many beauty gurus and YouTubers use to get thicker lashes is to dust a light layer of powder on the lashes before going in with mascara.
13. Let’s be real, even professional makeup artists sometimes mess up and make mistakes when applying mascara – getting mascara on your eyelids is more common than you think. To clean the stray mascara masks without ruining your eye makeup, you can do one of two things –
a. Wait for the mascara mark to dry and then gently scrape it off using your fingernail
b. Dip a cotton swab in a makeup remover and hold it on the spot till the mascara is no longer visible. Wait for the liquid to dry and then touch up your eyeshadow if needed.
10 Lipsticks below Rs 500 Kerala woman, Reasonable Lipsticks
Professional makeup artists suggested lipsticks for Kerala climate.
NYX Professional Makeup simply vamp Lip cream (Price INR 500)
SUGAR smudge me not liquid lipstick (INR 499)
Wet n Wild MegaLast Liquid Catsuit Matte Lipstick (Price: INR 499)
Lakme 9 to 5 Primer Matte Lip Color (Price INR 499)
Lakme 9 to 5 Primer Matte Lip Color (Price INR 499)
Jaquline USA Lipstick (Price INR 450)
Maybelline New York Matte Lipstick (Price INR 220)
Essence Long lasting Lipstick (Price INR 250)
Iba Halal Care Pure Lips Moisturizing Lipstick (Price INR 185)
Dazller Eyetex Lipstick (INR Price 100)
Aamir Khan’s daughter Ira Khan is engaged! Nupur Shikhare goes down on one knee to propose her
Aamir Khan’s daughter Ira Khan recently got proposed by long time boyfriend Nupur Shikhare and the couple has shared the proposal video on Instagram.
Did Ira say ‘Yes’? Watch the video to find out:As soon as the video was posted, several fans commented on it congratulating Ira and Nupur.
Even celebs like Fatima Sana Shaikh, Sara Tendulkar, Rhea Chakraborty & Huma Qureshi took to the comments section to share their heartfelt reactions on the happy couple’s video. Ira Khan and Nupur Shikhare have been dating each other for several years and often post pictures together on social media. For more news and updates, stay tuned to ETimes.
FIR filed against Ranveer Singh for nude photoshoot after lawyer complains he ‘insulted modesty of women’
An FIR was filed against actor Ranveer Singh for posting nude picture of himself on Instagram from a recent magazine photoshoot
Chembur police have registered a case against actor Ranveer Singh for posting nude pictures on his Instagram account. Ranveer has been booked under section 292 (dealing with obscene materials falls within this exception thereby addressing the issue of public decency and morality), 293 (obscene objects to young person) and 509 (Word, gesture or act intended to insult the modesty of a woman) including 67 (A) of the Information Technology act.
The written application was submitted at the Chembur police station by a Mumbai based lawyer Vedika Chaubey. Chaubey alleged in her complaint that actor has hurt the sentiments of women in the general and insulted their modesty through his photographs.
Ranveer Singh, a recipient of several awards, is known for his roles in films like Bajirao Mastani, Padmaavat and Gully Boy. Ranveer posed for international magazine Paper this month. The photoshoot, that showed him posing naked in a few pictures was met with some shock and some applause by his fans and celebrity friends.
Later, the NGO and a woman lawyer submitted separate complaints against the actor at Chembur police station. The application filed by the lawyer, a former journalist, had also demanded a case against Singh on the charge of intent to outrage the modesty of women, police earlier said.
In an interview to Paper Mag, Ranveer said, “I work f****** hard. I want to wear nice shit. Eat my f****** a**, I will wear nice f****** shit. I bust my balls, I work 20-hour days. I’m not complaining — I’m only too happy and too grateful — but I go f****** hard. I will f****** buy Gucci, I will wear it from head to toe. Anybody who judges me can eat my f****** a**.”
Ranveer was recently seen in Netflix’s interactive special Ranveer vs Wild with Bear Grylls which received a positive response from viewers. As far as films are concerned, he will next be seen in Rohit Shetty’s next directorial film Cirkus with Jacqueline Fernandes and Pooja Hegde. The film is slated to release on the occasion of Christmas 2022.